Request Features

Allow for customized standards or the ability to upload standards. I need the IBO's Lang. 1A standards.

If you teach IB, the standards are not part of your current database. It would be nice to have them available by by either either copying and pasting them in or uploading them from IB.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Meg Hart shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Banj commented  · 

Our school develops our own custom standards; whether or not we share them, we need to be able to create custom standards before we can take advantage of the standards planner platform

• Nate Ridgway commented  · 

I would also like to see the standards added for alternative states (Indiana in particular--because we do not use Common Core). The addition of AP concepts (AP World History in my case) would be helpful.

• AdminMcKay Walker (Project Manager, Standards Planner) commented  · 

That's our exact issue. We work with an organization that verifies standards so our assumption would be to allow users to input standards and give the option to submit them to us and our partners to verify the accuracy of the standard set. If approved they would become available to the public.

One thing we have finalized is the simple option of standards input, now figuring out the next steps of sharing.

• ipabrams commented  · 

In the case of systematized standards that would be added to the drop down list--i.e., IB, AP--these would be shared of course. But how would you share customized standards without creating an indexing or an auto-completion nightmare?

• ipabrams commented  · 

In general, the problem is most vexing for teachers of advnaced-level courses. One need is, of course, to add in IB and AP standards. But even then, there is a need for a user-customizable "other" selection on the drop down menu. Or for a writable space in the box into which we drag and drop the prefab standards. There is also a need to be able to modify ordinary CCSS standards. And administrators (i.e., principals) would probably be happy to have an automatic tag when there are modified or custom standards.

• Joy Kirr commented  · 

I would just like to add my own "standards," such as "you matter" and "mindset." I have lessons specifically for these, and then others that incorporate them. That would help with my Genius Hour curriculum. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I, too, would like the ability to add custom standards. I am a Career Technical teacher in Ohio.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Speaking as a private school educator (and a music educator), while we use some of Common Core, we also have religion, arts, PE, and science, and social studies standards that are not based on the MD State standards or Common Core. I would be happy to help you add them to the Standards Planner this summer if you are interested!

Feedback and Knowledge Base